Thursday, October 29, 2009

Family

This time of year is when we photogs are swamped with family sessions.  The rest of the year we mostly focus on the kids... but between September and November we see the whole group come together for photos.  It's always entertaining from behind the lens.  Families are so interesting.

So, as I was putting this sneak peek together I was thinking I should look up some quotes about families.  Wow - have you ever done that?  You could spend a month reading the family quotes and do nothing else.  I found a few that seem appropriate (cleary I did NOT read them all - I don't have 5 minutes much less a month).

So, in honor of family portrait season...

"When you look at your life the greatest happinesses are family happinesses" {joyce brothers}

Isn't this true?  I mean, I've heard some family stories that don't really involve much happiness.  They exist for sure.  But really... most of us can say that the happiest moments of our lives are moments with all or part of our family.  Family is so important.  I've always believed this, but have learned to truly cherish family moments this year.  So - whether or not you have family portraits scheduled soon... you will most certainly be spending a lot of time with family in the upcoming months.  Soak it in.  Love it.  Laugh.  Give 'em a hug.  Sit back and watch the chaos - it really is interesting.

And because I can't really leave a blog post so serious and sentimental (and because it seem SO appropriate right now with just about everyone I know being sick)...

"A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women an occasional animal and the common cold"  {ogden nash}

oh - and a very popular one which holds such truth...

"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts." {unknown}











No comments: