Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Last Group

This fantastic family was my last official large group shoot. I now only do individual families with children 12 years old or younger.

Why? Well, I'm glad you asked. Because it's quite hard to focus on pediatric photography if I'm shooting large family groups. Large groups don't normally involve the majority being 12 or younger (although...if you have one that does ... give me a call... if the majority are 12 or younger I'll do it. I might need a vacation when it's done...but I'll do it) The second reason is the same reason I don't do weddings or seniors ...'cause it's just not my thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'll miss some of the large group things - like the photo you see in the post below. But I need to focus. And I have trouble with focus - so I gotta do this to force myself to focus.

Need a large group photo and don't know where to go? Feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email and I'll be glad to send you some local fab photogs who do these types of sessions.

So...here is my official, final, positively no more - large group finale. And what a family to spend this occasion with! It was hot and sticky and there were bugs and dirt...but they had fun with it. WE had fun with it. Thanks for visiting me "S" family!

Oh - and notice the Big Green Ugly has re-appeared from storage! I missed her...the Big Green...I'm looking forward to another season of "dates" with The Green!







right before the hilarious shot from the previous post where the Dad surprised me
{which is my fave group shot evvva}
Now - I just simply could NOT walk away from this session without doing a shot of this little guy. He just lost his first teeth! Lost both of 'em in one shot! There's something so important and huge about losing those first teeth. I mean - we just had to document it! Congrats "J" and welcome to the world of what I call "the toothless wonders"

No comments: