Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Road Trip

to Carthage MO ... well, no - that's not true - to Reeds MO.  Ever been there?

I hear crickets.

For those of you who've never been there - don't know what I'm talking about... there's this little town in Southwest Missouri, just outside of Carthage.  Not too many people call it home.  It's a quiet area.  I love it.  Every time I'm there I wonder what I'm doing in a city.  And then I remember - oh right... I hate snakes.  And I love Starbucks.  So, when I finally kick my Starbucks problem and learn to sleep in spite of knowing there are snakes outside - you can find me in Reeds MO (or someplace similar).

Part of my family lives there.  They have as long as I can remember.  They have land and barns and horses and cattle and cats - and dogs.  Dogs named Bronc and Cajun (I love it).  See, it's a different scene than what I normally shoot (as in about 180˚ different).  That makes it a LOT of fun.  Hence the roadtrip.  Well, that and I love visiting and my kids' were begging to ride a horse.

So on Sunday we played with animals, ran in fields and climbed in and out of barns (and begged the men to put up with our weird requests - thank you men for putting up with us).  And prayed for no snakes or skunks.  I had a ball - I think I totally wore them out.  My kids had a blast.  Watch out "C" family... we'll be back for more.





this has to be one of the best facial expressions I've ever caught on camera



Grandpa and his only GrandSON

that only Grandson just turned 1 - going on 15

He wasn't terribly interested in my camera that day  ; )

ohhhh but we caught him (temporarily)


Q in her Tiger (Carthage Softball) gear.  She's good... really good.

most of you don't know my cousin - I'll probably end up getting thrown in the lake next summer for posting this shot

Daddy's girls


and I have to post a shot of my twins riding (look in the bottom right corner- there's Bronc staying right next to them)

No comments: