Friday, July 31, 2009

I shoot for a living

I had the pleasure of shooting another sweet little arrival.

{ok - wait - quickly}...
Isn't it strange that we photographers find ourselves shooting babies?  Shooting people?  I always get strange looks when I say I'm shooting someone and I'm not around other photogs (or my dear husband who has become so accustomed to my strange language that he doesn't even blink anymore).  I have, of course, thought that there MUST be a better word to use.  I photographed them ... I captured them ... these are all much better expressions.  But boring - I mean, really - let's be honest.  It's kinda boring.  So, after much deliberation - I have decided to stick with shooting people.  That's right people - I shoot babies.  I shoot kids too - and families...

Maybe I should lay off the coffee and get more sleep ...

ANYWAY - so back to the baby of it all...  This little man was so sweet.  Sometimes we get smiles from newborns - not often, but sometimes.  This guy though - he smiled through most of his session.  Bless his heart - he's gonna be a charmer.  Smiles and hair - lots of hair.  Maybe he'll be the next McDreamy?







No comments: