Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Big Green Ugly ... and a naming contest


There is a new member to the CCPhotodesign family... right now we refer to it as The Big Green Ugly.  It's my new outdoor photo couch.  It's not something you would put in your living room - well, I don't think so anyway.  BUT it's a great architectural funky little thing to put outside for pictures.

I, of course, drug my kids outside immediately to take some quick shots of it.  A DISCLAIMER HERE - please please do not think these are ideal outfits for a photoshoot.  It's just what the kids had on at the moment.  If I had made them go inside and change into appropriate outfits - well the meltdowns would have been so severe I never would have gotten a shot of the ugly thing!





So - imagine your family on this, in a field...in downtown...by the lakeside... etc etc.  It will make a great statement for fall pix (imagine the orange leaves behind this thing!) ... OR a fantastic Christmas pic.  Mention it when you book if you would like your session to include the The Big Green Ugly (of course - your entire session won't be on it - I just need to know if I need to plan on loading it up or not).

And, finally... I want to start a new thing for the studio.  I'm going to name each big piece I get for the studio.  Why not?!  So let's have a naming contest for The Big Green Ugly!  Submit your ideas in the comments section below!  The winner will receive a free 16x20 from their next session!


3 comments:

Jenn said...

I have to say I love the name "Big Green Ugly"! Neat antique lines, but oh that color! So how about "Cricket"? When you first started talking about it all I could think of was the couch in the Cricket commercials. No need to input me in a contest...I live too far away! Just wanted to add my two cents!!!

Sara Keeth said...

Hmm, not sure how I'd get that free 16x20, but I'd call it the Shabby Chaise. Cause, you know, you pronounce chaise like "shayz". But you already knew that, right?

Anonymous said...

M's mommy and kiddos agree that "Oscar" should be the name (no need to explain..color,etc.) as in Oscar "the grouch"..kids would get a kick out of it and at the end of the day, everyone still loves him!!