Wednesday, February 11, 2009

An Update

I know I haven't been posting like I should.  I apologize.

It's been a difficult couple of months here.  I love my job.  I love working.  I love what I do.  As much as I love it, my family will always come first.  Which is why I haven't been posting much lately.  

In November my Grandmother suffered a massive heart attack.  We spent the next 40 days at her side as she battled congestive heart failure.  In the end, her heart just could not recover from such a large heart attack.  She passed in December.  I know that she is in heaven, that she is happy and is still here with us even if we can't see her.  She was an incredible woman.  I think everyone has a few people in their lives that greatly influence who you are - people that you will always look up to, always respect and always love deeply.  My Grandmother was one of those people to me.

Following my Grandmother's funeral, my Mother spent a month in and out of the hospital having several surgical procedures that just didn't seem to be working.  After a month she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  We are lucky.  They caught it very early.  However, there will still be an extensive surgery and several months of chemo.  I mentioned above that there are a few "heros" in all of our lives.  My Grandmother was one - my Mother is another.  There is no better Mother on the planet than mine.  She has helped me through countless hard times.  Now it is my turn to help her.

So the point I am trying to make is that I will be in and out of the studio over the next several months.  I am still working.  I am still taking appointments.  But, I am scheduling around my Mother's treatment and needs.  If you contact me and it takes me a day or two to get back to you - know that I will get back to you.  I am probably just dealing with whatever life has handed me that particular day.  

I realize that most of you didn't need to know all the details of what is going on, but I have always felt that if I describe in detail why things are the way they are - people have a better understanding.  I want all of my customers to understand what is going on.

Thank you to all of you who already knew the situation and have prayed for us.

A final tribute to my Grandmother.  I did not take the first picture (obviously).  I believe my Grandfather took this picture on their honeymoon.  The second picture I took two years ago as she was holding one of her newest great grandbabies.  These two photos are how I will remember my Grandmother.  Happy, family-oriented and forever full of faith and hope.

Aren't photos great?  They hold our loved ones forever.


No comments: