Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Holiday Deadlines

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend.  I took a much needed break and disappeared to one of our family's favorite spots with my kids, husband, brothers and parents.  If you tried to get in touch with me during the weekend, I apologize for my absence - sorta.  There are times that I find it necessary to run far away to this spot where phone reception and internet access are nearly non-existent.  It helps my creativity as well as my sanity.

So, now that we are on the other side of Labor Day it's time to talk about the Holidays!  I am currently working on the 2009 Holiday card designs.  Look for the debut of those right here on the blog in the next few days.  For now, I want to talk about holiday deadlines.  This year's deadlines are as follows:

Jewelry and album deadline: Nov 1st
Canvas deadline: Nov 7th
Card deadline: Dec 1st
Print deadline: Dec 8th

There's always a little confusion about deadlines, so here's some clarification:  Deadlines mean that you must order by 11:59 pm on that date to get the item before Christmas.  Of course, you are welcome to order after the deadline but I can't guarantee the delivery date at that point.

Please note - these are the order deadlines NOT the session deadlines.  You will need to book your session at least two weeks before the deadline in order to allow time for processing the proofs.

There is one more important deadline to note - the studio will be closed for the holidays December 17th through January 7th.  I will re-open on Thursday, January 8th.

Any questions?  Feel free to email or call me.

So Labor Day is over and we are now -officially- in Holiday season here at the studio.  Bring on the craziness! (after all, I spent the weekend resting up for this!).

No comments: