Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So, here I am

Yup, here I am.  I finally got around to setting up a blog and now here I sit - staring at my screen, not entirely sure what I should say.  What is one supposed to say on their first blog post?  Hi?  Welcome?  The weather stinks?

Don't get me wrong - there's plenty to say - PLENTY.  But where to start?

How 'bout this - 

This is the blog for Carmen Carver Photography & Design - aka CCPhotodesign.  I have set this up to keep anyone who is interested up to date on the goings on of the studio, to give you notices of upcoming events, answer FAQs and  - most importantly - show you lots of great photos.

For upcoming events - September 6th will be Back to School Mini Sessions.  I will post a blog shortly with all the details for that day.  For those who haven't participated in one of my mini session events before - mini sessions are very short versions of my normal sessions and come as a package deal.  They are very popular and book very very quickly.  Make sure to call or email as soon as I post the details!

For FAQs - I'll pick one to answer every so often. Let's start with the most popular - "Do you shoot weddings?"  No, I do not - anymore.  I have in the past, but found that the time involved is just too much while my children are young.  There will come a day when I will shoot weddings again - because I love weddings and (sadly) my children will not be young forever.  I can refer you to a few fabulous wedding photogs.  Contact me and I will share their info with you.

So, I've given you an update on events and answered a question.  The only thing left is to show you photos.  How 'bout three of my favorite shots.  These are my own kids.  Since this is my first post, I'll start by sharing photos of my biggest inspiration(s):






My twins and my newest little man.  I have so many clients ask about my kids - so there they are.

And, here I am.  Ending my first post on my new blog.

So there you have it.




and, by the way, the weather does stink.

No comments: